Tips on decorating a simple summer table with charm!
1. Think of a theme centered around the food you’re preparing. Shown here is the tablescape for a Summer Seafood Boil 🦞 ⠀
2. Choose a wood table or layer over a simple linen that has some texture to it (nothing too elegant, think simple and casual) ⠀
3. Choose a summery napkin in linen or cotton fabric and choose a color such as red&white, white, blue&white, yellow&white, etc that coordinates with your theme. ⠀
4. Layer your plates. Choose a rattan charger, then ceramic on top, or a picnic-ware inspired entree plate in traditional white, with another color on top in a smaller size, that matches your napkins. ⠀
5. Take the end of your napkin and twist so the napkin fans outward, then tuck the twisted end under the right edge of your layered plates. Another alternative for an inside table is to fold the napkin in half and wrap twine around the center. Place in the center of top plate. ⠀
6. Glassware, choose varying mason jar sizes. Add large glass pitchers to serve iced tea and lemonade, etc. ⠀
7. Keep your centerpieces simple by choosing terra cotta pots of editable arrangements of herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme, cilantro etc) tie with casual twine or ribbon, for a fresh natural feel to the table.⠀
Make your next dinner party simple and cute!
2022 Site credits
inquire with us
our recent work